Monday, October 03, 2005

The Boy and His Other

Addendum: Oh boy, do I feel stupid now. It's not two days after I post this picture, and now I'm informed that she is no longer his Other. I'll probably have to delete this now, but I dont want to, not really.

I gotta tell you, I'm having a good time drawing these little things. It's been years since I did any drawing, and I was never spectacularly great at it, but it hasnt gotten any less fun for all the intervening years. When I drew the below picture of the family, I was only thinking of those in the house. Then The Boy came by right after I posted it, and I felt bad. He is a part of the family, after all, even if he's not living here right now. Then I got down to the drawing.
They're not as easy as they look. Somehow, in a minimum of lines, you have to convey what the people you're depicting look like, which is kind of tough without many details, clothes, or body shapes.
Still fun, though.

No comments: